Our Core Characteristics attempt to define the seamless garment by which we conduct our life as a ministry, whether it be around the table of the Board, within the teams of teachers and retreat facilitators, or among the community of each program’s participants. In all these venues, the Ministry:
• Is rooted, grounded, and lived out in prayer and expectant waiting upon Divine guidance.
• Understands our spirituality and spiritual journeys in the context of the ongoing Judeo-Christian story.
• Combines a clear Christian grounding with the ability to listen and recognize spiritual openings and committed journeys in whatever form they appear. This rare combination helps to lead one into deeper spiritual understanding and brings forth a greater tenderness with each other.
• Fosters a deeper appreciation of the rhythms of the contemplative life as lived out within a faith community.
• Strengthens understanding and appreciation of the roots of Quakerism, its theology, practices, and traditions.